Challenge #38 Gothic Arch

For Kris' gothic arch challenge at Stampin D'Amor, I used alcohol inks to create the background. I used Raindrops art stamp and Stampabilities Le London Script stamp with black ink. I watercolored the girls lips and then distressed over her image with walnut ink. I used silk flowers that were also distressed with walnut ink and I put a distressed paper doilly behind the gothic arch. Topped it off with tri-colored cording. To find out more about this challenge, just click on the title to this post.


Challenge Card

This card was done for Pam's challenge at Stampin D'Amour where you had to use inks or stamping only on your cardstock. I sponged copper ink on the background paper and used Alchol Inks for the background of the stamped Image (Inkadinkado). Just click on the title to this post to go to the challenge!


Watermark Tutorial

I had been wondering how folks were able to add their copyright design info as a watermark to the pictures they post on galleries. Well, I found this great tutorial at A Day in the Life of Gina K. Designs Blog using Microsoft Photodraw. Even though I don't have Microsoft Photodraw, I was able to use Microsoft Picture It! to create a watermark on my photos. Just click on the title of this post to take you to the tutorial.


Thrifty Find - What Should I do With It?

I found this old cassette holder for $1.25 at my local thrift store and thought it would be a great way to store/organize my stamp ink pads. However, as you can see it needs some work. I need your advice on what you think I should do to spruce it up. Please give me your feedback. I welcome all of your suggestions/comments.


Check out this Blog

I would like to take a minute and highlight one of the inspirational blogs I have listed here. The Graphics Fairy has free downloadable vintage style graphics that are awesome! Thanks to the Graphics Fairy, I was able to create the banner for this blog and I absolutely love it! Thanks Graphics Fairy!

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I hope each of you has an absolutely wonderful day. I would like to thank my daughter Wendy who came into this world just in time to make me a first time Mom on May 9, 1980.


Mother's Day Card Challenge at http://stampindamour.com

For this challenge I used walnut ink to distress Anna Griffin paper, pink paper ribbon and 2 tags. I applied lace to 1 tag and attached flowers with a brad at the top of the tags. Both the flowers and lace were distressed with walnut ink too. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and the letters are dome stickers from Marcella attached to EK Success sticker round tags (distressed before applying the dome stickers to them.


Thanks Card

I used walnut ink to distress the tags and then stamped them with Cavallini Rubber Stamp Set--NATURAL WONDERS.

Card Challenge at http://stampindamour.com

This card challenge I used Cavallini Rubber Stamp Set- BiRDs & NeSTs.

Magnetic Bulletin Board

This was a fun project to make. Old fabric and batting were stapled to cork board and then ribbon was criss-crossed and secured. Magnetic tape was adhered to the back and upholstery pins added.

Card Challenge at http://stampindamour.com

I used a 1950's image, rick rack label and rick rack to make this card.

Recycled CD Clock

This was one of those free AOL CD's that I turned into a CD clock. I used versamark ink and Utee embossing powder for the base. Then I stamped the images on with StazOn ink. Great fun and unlimited theme possibilities.

Card Challenge at http://stampindamour.com

For this challenge, I used Victorian paper/cardstock from Stemma, fabric flowers sewn onto paper, a button recycled from an old suit, aqua rick rack and the definition of Flower/Flowery from an old Dictionary layered onto pink mulberry paper.